Emotional and Social development in infancy are very closely linked.
- 6 months: Has developed strong bond with parents
- 12 months: Begins to bond with other peopl but still very independant on parents.
- 18 months: Plays alone but likes an adult, brother or sister to be close by.
- 2 years: can become fraustrated easily and often has temper tantrums. They may also play alongside other children but does not share toys and activities.
- 2 1/2 years: may show jealousy towards other children.
Security is essential for positive emotional development.
Infants feel secure when they:
- are looked after…