- Created by: Penguin1908
- Created on: 22-09-19 16:50
- Hughes had a rocky and unstable relationship with his wife.
- Reflects the hawk's control over his life and land.
- Steady, calm pace to the poem mirrors the hawk's measured control over the woodland.
- Reflects the hawk's view on life.
- Talks about dictatorship.
"Hawk Roosting" - Personification. Powers of humankind.
"my eyes closed." - He doesn't need to look at the world to know his place in it (arrogant).
"no falsifying dream" - Haughty tone (arrogantly superior). Hawk is focused.
"Or in sleep rehearse perfect kills and eat." - His kills are perfect and he always thinks about death (violent, dangerous).
"The convenience of the high trees!" - Confidence and gives immediate control.
"Are of advantage to me;"…