THEME OF INSANITY:
- Enjambment - She is broken.
- Oxymorons - Split between two things, broken.
- Cawing at the wall 'nooooo' - crazy, unlike a normal person. trapped, inside her own mind perhaps? her insanity is restricting her.
- Seperate stanzas alternating in tone, e.g. on second she is craving for love the next she is wanting revenge, furious. alternative aspects to her, she's broken and insane.
- Rhetorical questions - confusion = insanity?
- Third person - new person, she's changed, new personality, an insane personality.
Similar English Literature resources: