- Motif A outlines the tonic chord of A major, and then moves up the last 3 notes of the scale, in order to establish the key.
- In the second bar of motif A, a passing note is used.
- In motif B, sequence is used- the third bar is a repeat of the second bar but a tone lower.
- Motif C uses repetition - the same 5 note figure is repeated 3 times.
- Motif D uses long notes, mostly the same note - A, in order to emphasise the words using a pedal note.
- At bar 38, there is an orchestral…
Similar Music resources: