Group 7- the halogens
- poisonous non-metals which all have coloured vapours
- low melting and boiling points
- poor conductors of heat and electricity
- exist as molecules made up of pairs of atoms, joined together by cotvalent bonds.
- flourine: very reactive, poionous, pale yellow gas
- chlorine: reactive, poisonous dense green gas. tested for by using damp litmus paper and if it is bleached, the gas is chlorine.
- bromine: dense, poisonous dark orange- brown liquid, vapourises easily
- iodine: poisonous, dark…