- Created by: TDizzle27
- Created on: 09-09-19 10:25
Waves transfer energy & momentum from one point to another without transferring any matter between them.
Types of waves:
- Mechanical (waves are made up of particles vibrating e.g. sound)
- Electromagnetic (waves are made up of oscillating electric & magnetic fields e.g. light)
Mechanical waves require a substance but electromagnetic waves do not. Therefore mechanical waves cannot travel through a vacuum but electromagentic waves can.
- Transverse: displacement is at right angles (perpendicular) to the direction of the wave.
- Longitudinal: displacement is parallel to the direction of the wave
- Progressive: waves…