- Ancient Greeks believed in the four humours.
- These are the fluids that make up the body.
- When ill, the humours became un-balanced.
- Bood, (spring, air), Phlegm (winter, water), Yellow Bile (summer, fire), and Black Bile (autumn,earth), were the 4 humours.
- Anistotle was the creator of the 4humours. He was a philosopher and scientist.
- Vinegar cleaned wounds and acted like an antiseptic.
- They cured people by making them sick, for example if the blood was the cause of disease they would drain some blood.
- The Greek states were often at war and they became experts at first aid.