- Created by: ErinSunderland16
- Created on: 01-04-19 19:23
- Philip Pirrip, better known as Pip, is the protagonist and narrator.
- We follow his journey from poor country boy to city gentlemen.
- His love for Estella makes him want to improve himself.
- He is kind - for example, he helps Magwitch - but he loses some morality when he becomes rich.
- Until he meets Miss Havisham, he is mostly content with his life.
- Estella is Miss Havisham's adopted daughter.
- She is an orphan like Pip.
- Miss Havisham brings her up to despise men.
- Her upbringing makes her become cold and cruel.
- She marries Bentley Drummle, an abusive man, who later dies, leaving the widowed Estella free to associate with Pip again.
- Abel Magwitch is an escaped convict.
- He meets Pip on the marshes and Pip brings him food and a file.
- When Magwitch is recaptured, he is transported to Australia.
- He later revealed himself to be Pip's mystery benefactor.
- He is Estella's father.
- Miss Havisham is a bitter recluse who has shut herself away since her wedding day.
- She never…