- Created by: Lara Mulcahy
- Created on: 05-05-15 16:46
Government and authority
HVIII inherited his father's established Counsel.
- William Warham, Archbishop of Canterbury and Lord Chancellor.
- Richard Fox, Lord Privy Seal.
- John de Vere, Earl of Oxford
- Thomas Howard, Earl of Surrey and Lord Treasurer
HVIII came to throne with a established Counsel, unlike his father who spent the weeks after Bosworth assmebling his Counsel- Counsel had served the old king who was by nature cautious, and inclined to hard work
HVIII was a young man who desired glory and adventure- therefore, relations between the new king and counsel were bound to be strained
In early years of reign, Warhand…