- Intro to paragraph, if not main group mention the main group and how it links, Gold miners unlike...... settled populations in the Far West.
- Discovery of gold in California in 1848, number of emigrants skyrocketed.
- 1837 economic depression, push factor to west.
- Most important because brought large groups of people to the west and even established states like California, stamping Federal influence on the area.
- Improved U.S economy, development of infrastructure, on wilderness, led to creation of economic powerhouses like San Francisco.
- Pull factor to prospective emigrants as they had…