CASE STUDYS- Hazard Hotspots
Phillipines (middle income country)
- Topograpgy is mountanous, leading to landlides. Coastal low lands, area is suceptable to floods
- Sit on a destructive plate boundray where the Eurasian plate is subducted benaeth the Phillipines plate- leads to melting of Eurasian (oceanic) plate, causing maga to rise and volcanic eruptions.
- Sits on the S.E Aian typhoon belt, leads to storm surges and floods
- Heavy rainfall on mounrainous areas leads to flash floods
- Deforestation for farming on steep hills can lead to flash floods (during heavy rainfall)