- Created by: Mia.A.W
- Created on: 08-06-21 12:20
KEY: = was revolutionary = not revolutionary
- Under the terms of the act dissenters were exempted from punishemnts
It certainly made it easier for dissenters to worship freely, by 1714 there werearound 400,000 dissenters in England.
- But their meetings were closley monitered and the doors of their meeting places could not be locked.
- The Act excluded Catholics, non-Trinitarians and Jews
- The Test Act meant that those who did not swear alliegeince to the Anglican Church could not attend university, work in the legal profession, practice medicine or enter public employment.
- Dissenting groups still had to pay tithes to Church which they did not attend.
Divine Right of…