2 types of deposition:
- glacial deposition- deposition directly from glacier
- fluvioglacial deposition- deposition resulting from meltwater either as part of or away from glacier.
- drift- name of all glacial deposits
- large bolders with different geology to the surrounding rocks.
- carried and dumped by the ice
- drift thats been deposited by the glacier, made of fine material
- ablation till- dropped by stagnent ice- snout of glacier melts releasing material and depositing it.
- Lodgeman till- dropped by moving glaciers- caused by friction between the glacier and the valley floor and sides casuing ice to melt and drop material
- drift is unstratisfied- material varies in size, geology and has no distinct layers
- material bulldozed…