- Elizabeth had 6 men wanting to marry her-none were to her standard. She was the most eligable women in England as Queen.
- Her solution was to not marry and remain a virgin queen who is married to her people of England.
- This led to: Less rebelions and more money and power.
- In 1601, Elizabeth executed Robert Devereux because he wanted to marry her and he was apparently arogant and reckless.
A problem that was however more important that marrige was Mary Queen of Scots.
- Mary's first husband died in 1561 so she remarried.
- Her second…
Similar History resources: