- Created by: Maisie Jones-Rogers
- Created on: 17-12-12 14:10
- 5°North and South of the equator
- Amazon rainforest in Brazil is the main one
- western part of Africa(southern Nigeria, Congo)
south east Asia(indonesia)
north east Australia(state of Queensland)
- HIGH TEMPERATURE ALL YEAR ROUND (27 °C AVERAGE)
- SMALL TEMPERATURE RANGE (2°C)
- HIGH RAINFALL (2000mm) IN A YEAR
- HIGH HUMIDITY RESULTING IN CONVECTIONAL RAINFALL.
- DIVIDED INTO FIVE LAYERS:
- EMERGENT LAYER (TREES UP TO 50m TALL)
- UNDER CANOPY
- SHRUBS LAYER
- FOREST FLOOR (WITH FERNS)
· Grow in places that have an equatorial climate.
· Tropical rainforests are the most luxuriant vegetation systems.
· Over 1/3 of the world’s trees grow in tropical rainforests.
· Rainforest has an…