- Created by: adaaeze
- Created on: 04-04-16 13:02
- One solution to water shortages is to divert water from one drainage basin to another.
- Large- scale transfers of water can be achieved by diverting a river by constructing a large canal to carry available water from one basin to another.
The snowy mountain scheme
- Work began in 1949 and finished in 1974.
- The snowy mountain scheme is the largest engineering project in Australia and is one of the most complex hydroelectric schemes in the world.
- It has 16 major dams, 7 power stations and a network of tunnels, piplines and aqueducts.
- The scheme collects and diverts water so that it can be used by the…