Consequences of development
- They have 6 new shopping malls
- Luxury car showrooms selling upmarket brands are blooming
- 500 new cars and cafes opened in 2007.
- Bar owners cannot get enough staff so staff members salaries are doubled if they are good enough to retain.
- Tax firms are also blooming
- Rents are more than most most workers on average pay can afford.
- Construction workers often live in squalid, slum-like roadside tents.
- Bullock carts block the roads to the Electronic city, which is crammed with trucks, cars and two-wheelers- despite funding for a new expressway.
- IT companies in Bangalore have…