The Toshka project- Egypt
- Egypt has began a scheme to irrigate areas away from the densely populated Nile Valley.
- The $70billion Toshka project is part of the long term plan to improve the food production of the urban population and also improve exports.
- The project will be funded by the international investment- most fundings will come from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab emirates.
- TNCs such as Cadiz from California will be in charge of production, processing, harvests, storage and marketing.
- The Mubarak pump station, in the middle of he basin, contains 24 pumps which will pump water from Lake Nassar to Suez canal.
- Planners say that the project will create a second egypt and a new valley, and will support 16 million of people.
- 95% of Egypts population live…