The Technological Fix: China
- Beijing is in the drier North of China and was running out out of water.
- The South of China is rich with water resources but the North is not.
- The South-North water diversion project begun in 2003 to redistribute these ressources and even out he availbility of water.
- Once the South to north water transfer project has been constructed, the three gorges dam will flow on the yangze, store water and enable an oversupply of water to build up and be transfered to the drier north.
- The project is expected to take 50 years to complete and will cost $62billion.
- The project involves building three…