Hey here are some notes on the case studies in this topic. Hope they help!
- In the 1970's and 80's Germany de-indistrialised.
- Service sector and financial service jobs grew in urban areas in place of manufacturing.
- Small and medium sized manufacturing businesses were set up.
- Germany has also refocussed activities so that more people are involved in knowledge based industries.
- Germany became de-industrialised because of cheaper sites overseas.
- Jobs were not available because machines could do the work (mechanisation).
- As the industry changed there was a corresponding shift in employment patterns (Global Shift).
Mexico- A newly industialising country
- Manufacturing took over agriculture as Mexico's largest contributer to it's economy.
- Mexico City has a large and highly skilled workforce, a large consumer market and low distribution costs,
- Employment has grown in the re-export processing…