- Created by: Scott Place
- Created on: 02-06-11 11:27
THE RIVER NENE CASE STUDY
- Heavy rain on the 9th of April caused the River Nene to overflow.
- There was a 6.8 million project to protect the areas of Northampton that were most affected.
- Torrential downfall and thunderstorms prior to the flood.
- This was 3x the average monthly amount of rain northampton normally gets.
- The ground was saturated early on because of the amount of rainfall blocking infiltration.
- There was no effective warning system to predict and warn about foods so it was unexpected.
- Two people died because of the flood.
- There was an estimated £350,000,000 worth of damage…