- Created by: DonaJ2002
- Created on: 20-02-18 21:44
Challenges of an Urbanising World
Megacities= Cities with at least 10 million Inhibitants
e.g. New Delhi
Urban Primacy= Important City of the Counrty+ Dominates the rest of the Country
Hinterland- Region around the Urban Primacy
Why can the Urban Primacy be a Problem?
1. Economic Growth is Concentrated there + Hinterland Lacks this
2. Political Power= Focused here + Decisions are mostly for City's Benefit + Not Country's
Rural Urban Migration= People move from Rural-> Urban
Internal Migration= People move from One Part to Another
How do Cities Grow/ Decline?
1. Migrate Into/ Away
2. Natural Increase= No. Births+ Deaths per year
Effect of Econimic Growth:
1. Increase in Economic Growth= People Move Into
2. More People= More Workforce= More Inductries
3. More Industries= More Jobs
4. More Houses
Why do People go from Rural to Urban Areas?
1. Few Opportunities
2. Poor Healthcare
3. Low Pay
4. Low Education
5. Bad Housing
1. More Opportunities
2. Better Healthcare
3. Better Pay
4. Better Education
5. Better Housing
How Urban Economies are Different in Emerging, Developed etc.