- Created by: annamoshie1
- Created on: 21-08-19 11:57
How has migration affected the population of São Paulo?
- a diverse place to live so attracts people
- young age structure so high birth rate meaning there is an increase in population
- puts pressure on housing and services eg. Hospitals as there is not enough space
- a lot of people living in one room which is unsafe and could cause an increase in diseases
- homelessness, many die
- deindustrialization there are fewer jobs so people move/ want to move, increase in unemployment, quality of life decreases, increase in the gap between rich and poor increases
What are some benefits of São Paulo's population growth?
Increase in workforce > financially viable
- Foreign investments eg. Fiat made its headquarters/work areas there which gives jobs, more money…