- Created by: Breedelahaye2020
- Created on: 16-10-20 15:29
- Nuclear genome of humans is composed of 22 diffrent autosomes, and an X and Y chromsomes.
- Human cells have a mitocondrial genome composed of a single circular chromosome.
Overview of chromosome mapping
- Term mapping refers to the experimental process of determing the relative location of genes and other segments of DNA on individual chromosomes.
- Researchers may follow any of three general approaches to mapping a chromosome, cytogentic linkage or physical mapping.
- Cytogenic mapping - aimed at determing the locations of specific aquences, such as gene sequences, withing chromosomes that are viewed under microscope. When stained chromosomes of a given species has a charactertic bading pattern, genes are mapped cytogentically relative to a band loaction.
- Likage mapping uses the frequency of recombiniton between diffrent genes to determine their relative spacing and order along a chromosome. Linkage mapping involves crossing among organisms that are hereozygous for two or more gases.
- Physical mapping - involves…