reproductive success and alleic frequency:
alleic frequency based upon reproductive success of indus.
- organisms produce more offspring than can be supported by resources
- competition betweeen members of species = survival of the fittest
- gene pool has a wide variety of alleles
- some indus possess alleles better suited to the particular env.
- they will survive in competition with others
- the ones that survive have a better change to breed more successfully
- only those who reproduce successfully pass on alleles to next gen.
- .: offspring more likely to inherit alleles…