Genetic Engineering is a way of genetically modifying an organism without going through a breeding programme.
- More people can be fed as GM crops produce higher yields
- Many people have no problem with the idea of eating GM produce
- Gm farms have increased productivity while using fewer inputs so food costs will fall
- Most GM crops have been safe so far
- Poor farmers that would benefit from the high yield may not have been able to afford the seeds
- Those who have a problem with GM produce won't buy it so farmers will lose money and markets
- GM crops may change the ecosystem in a way…