- Created by: themoderrnage
- Created on: 21-04-21 21:51
- Power relationships: how power is distributed in the family and how equal relationships are within the policy.
- Relationships between men and women:
- Domestic violence.
- Relationships between adults and children.
- Different forms of domestic violence:
- Sexual violence.
- Physical violence.
- Psychological violence.
- Financial violence.
- In the year ending March 2019, an estimated 2.4 million adults aged between 16 and 74 had experienced domestic abuse in the last year.
Explanations for Domestic Violence
- Walklate (2004): domestic violence is widespread in society and there is no such thing as a 'typical offender'.
- Hostility in relationships can lead to domestic violence due to the increased strain on everyday lives.
- Coercive partners can control and manipulate people for many years without facing any form of sanction for their behaviours.
Dobash and Dobash (1979,…