- Created by: themoderrnage
- Created on: 21-04-21 20:33
- This is an aspect of power relationships within the family; sociologists focus on the way in which men and women have influence over the decision-making process:
- Financial decisions.
- Day-to-day decision-making.
Financial Decision Making
- Hardill et al (1997): In dual-earner households, men are still most likely to influence financial decision-making.
- Pahl (2008): The growth of separate finances for men and women compared with earlier research that suggested male-dominated pooling was most common.
- The gender pay gap influences the financial power that men and women have through individualised accounts.
- Treas and Tao (2011): Decisions on children are childcare are more likely to be joint, 75% of couples made joint decisions on bringing up children.
- Women are more likely to reduce employment to fit in with demands…