The Memphis Group.
- Established in the 1980's, (1981).
- Composed of designers based in Italy.
- Memphis designers regarded aesthetics as the primary reason for the products they designed.
- Two of the best known 'Memphis' designers are Ettoire Sottsass and Danny Lane.
- visually high impact. - Most of the products designed by this group relied on visual impact, with minimum regard for the functionalism of modernism. Each product has a vibrant colour scheme, with bright, lively colours dominating.
- aesthetic / ornamental / exhibition pieces
- Lack functionality. - Little regard given to the function of the…