1) What is the National grid?
A highvoltage electric power transmission network, generating electricity everywhere in England. England uses 240v.
2) How does a generator work?
Mains electricity is produced by generators. They induce the current by spinning a coil of wire inside a magnetic field. As this happens a potential difference in between the ends of the coil, which causes the current to flow.
3) How does a transformer work?
A transformer is an electrical device that changes the voltage of an AC(Alternating Current) supply.
- Step-up transformer - increases voltage
- Step down - decreases voltage.
- Step-downs are used for phone chargers and cd players.
Transformers cannot be used on DC ( Direct Current - batteries)
4) Transformer equations ?
The transformer equation relates the number of turns of wireto the difference in voltage between the primary and secondary coils.