Metaphors and Similes
- These are methods of comparison
- They describe one thing by comparing it to something else.
- Writers use them to create a picture in the reader's mind.
- Metaphors describe something by saying that it is something else.
- Similes describe something by saying that it's like something else. They usually use the words 'as' or 'like'.
- When writing about metaphors, you should make the point at the start of the paragraph, give an example, and explain it.
- When writing about similes…