- Texts often have graphics to illustrate what they're about.
- They usually have captions with them - to explain what the graphic shows.
- Sometimes graphics are used to emphasise a feeling.
- The reader can often tell what a text is about, just from the graphic next to it.
- When writing about graphics and captions, you should state the purpose of the photo, say why it's effective and then show how effective the caption is by describing its effect on the reader.
- Texts are often broken down into columns to stop the reader getting bored or confused - it makes it appear shorter…