- Dramatic Monologue from the Robin's viewpoint.
- Robin shows his jealousy and tells the reader secrets about Batman.
- Aimed at people who have been overshadowed previously by a more dominant character.
- Robin tries to break free from Batman and be seen as his own person.
- It was Batman's decision to split up -> Robin feels ditched by him.
- The end of every line ends with an "er" sound, which makes the reader speed on to the next line -> revealing anger.
- The "er" sound also gives the poem a humorous tone and makes it sound like the Batman theme tune - Robin appears to be mocking the theme tune, For example, "wander/yonder".
- "Batman, big shot" - alliteration appears to be mocking and insulting to Batman.
- puns such as "you, stewing…
Similar English Literature resources: