Enzymes and Respiration
- Most chemical reactions inside the body are controlled by enzymes - including the ones in respiration, protein synthesis and photosynthesis.
- Enzymes help to build amino acids and proteins
- They are used to synthesise molecules like amino acids - the ones you don;t get from your diet.
- They also catalyse protein synthesis by joining together amino acids.
- These proteins could be enzymes - it works in a circle.
- Respiration does not mean "breathing in and out"
- It involves many reactions, all of which are catalysed by enzymes.
- These are really important reactions, as respiration releases the energy that the cell needs to do just about everything.
- Respiration is the process of releasing energy…