- selye noticed all hospital patients shared the common set of symptoms e.g. aches and pains.
- he experimented on rats to see how their body reacted to threats in an environment
- he theorised that the changes in mammals were the same regardless of the threat, because no matter what substance the rats were injected with, they had the same symptoms (aches, pains, loss of appetite).
- stage one: alarm reaction
- sympathetic nervous system activates the body for action, 'fight or flight' responses
- the hypothalamus triggers the production of sdrenaline from the adrenal glands
- adrenaline causes adrenaline rush- increases heart rate, sweaty palms and fast breathing etc...
- this leads…