- LEGITIMACY - gives legitimacy of government bills as the Parliament is representative of the people.
- SCRUTINY - the Parliament checks bills and ensures they are 'proper', often done by committees.
- OPPOSITION - the parties not in power are there to offer an alternative through adversarial politics.
- ACCOUNTABILITY - the general election sees the previous government take accountability; the possibility of being voted out.
- Between elections it is left to Parliament to hold the government accountable.
- Individual Ministerial Responsibility…