Three main questions involved in the functionalist persective:
1) What are the fuctions of the family for society?
2) What are the fuctional relationships between the family and the wider social system?
3) What are the fuctions of the family for individuals?
Family performs four basic fuctions for individuals and society.
1) Sexual- essential for continuation of the society, individual gets intimate relationship.
2) Reproductive- provides new people for society, individual gets a family- support
3) Economic- money goes into the economy, individual gets food and shelter
4) Education- pass on the society's culture to the next generation, learn norms and values.