- Created by: i.am.the.kween
- Created on: 07-01-20 20:37
functionalists see the family as an institution which performs positive functions for society such as adequately socialising children.
- The family performs 4 functions:
- Sexual function, economic function, reproductive function, educational function.
- the family is a universal institution with universal functions.
- the nuclear family is the best family type that performs these vital functions for society
- there has been a shift from the extended family being the most dominant to the nuclear family being more dominant
- as society has…