- Created by: Maisyweare
- Created on: 10-03-17 21:11
Functionalism - Education
- Education passes on society's culture from one generation to the next, including shared norms and values.
- This provides social solidarity and cohesion for society.
- Schools and educational institutions act as a form of social control.
- Education legitimises social inequality.
- Education provides a trained labour workforce.
- The importance of education in preventing anomie (normlessness).
- Education teaches the skills necessary for wider society and future careers.
- Trasnsmits the norms and values of society.
- Education is the bridge from the family to wider society and the workplace.
- Education instills values of…