- Created by: Meil00run
- Created on: 28-11-18 12:24
Freiburg is located in South West Germany with a population of about 220,000 people. In 1970 it set the goal of focusing on social, economic and environmental sustainability.
· There is a focus on providing people with affordable housing.
· Local people are involved in urban planning at both local and city level.
· Sites for building are considered by the local council and interest groups.
· Cycle and walking paths aim to encourage exercise and healthy living.
· Many jobs have been created in the research and manufacture of solar technology.
· More than 10,000 people are employed in 1500 environmental businesses in the city.
· The city is a popular place for people to attend conferences on sustainability. This provides jobs for the local people.
· Financial rewards are given to people who compost…