- assumption- the psychodynamic approach explains behaviour interms of unconscious and childhood experiences.
- a major influence on personality is the dominance of a part of the personaliy as concieved by FREUD
- a dominant id means a lack of self control over behaviour (a typical criminal profile) with too much self-regard (narcissim)
- a dominant ego leaves somone emotionally frozen and very judgmental, often a profile of a religous hardliner.
- a dominant super-ego can lead someone being over-rational and too logical in relationships.
- Protecting the ego with defence mechanisms such as displacement is normal, but it can lead to over- aggressive behaviour, blaming…