- Created by: AreejAmjad
- Created on: 09-09-21 11:11
First Past the Post:
- First Past the Post is a simple plurality system where the candidate with the most votes will be elected and does not have to win by a certain majority
- FPTP is used in the UK general elections where voters cast one vote for their preferred candidate, and the candidate with the largest number of votes in a constituency will be elected to parliament as an MP.
- ✓ Often leads to a strong government with a clear mandate to carry out its policies because the winning party can win a clear majority
- ✓ Gives voters a clear choice and promotes a system where two parties dominate
- In 1997, Tony Blair carried out constitutional reforms after a large victory where labour won…