What can fossils tell us about the history of life on Earth?
- Fossils are the preserved traces or remains of organisms that live thousands or millions of years ago
- We find fossils when the rocks containing them are weathered
- The history of life on earth as shown by the fossils from different periods of time are known as fossil record
- This suggests that organisms have changed gradually through time (process called evolution)
- Soft tissue and decay do not usual form fossils, so soft-bodied organisms leave littlel fossil evidence behind
- Other dead organisms did not form fossils because the hard parts were destroyed
- Many fossils are burried deep in the…