Reward/ need satisfaction theory
Byrne and clore (70);
- The theory proposes people are attracted to those they find rewarding to be with as they meet an unmet need for example company.
- It is based on operant conditioning- people form relationships with those whose presence is directly associated with reinforcement; they make them happy.
- Relationships are formed with people that are associated with pleasant events.
- Also based on classical conditioning- people learn to associate a person with a positive mood (neutral and unconditioned stimulus).
- Supported by evidence from…