- called his domestic program 'New Frontier' which promised federal funding for education, medical care for the elderly, economic aid to rural regions and government intervention to halt recession
- he also promised to end racial discrimination
- his foreign policy was dominated by American confrontations with the Soviet Union
- 'Flexible Response' was also his foreign policy that was developed
- it marked moving away from the emphasis of nuclear weapons to an approach that relied on developing a wider range of strategies to meet the threat of communism
- Flexbile Response would give the US President a choice of options, as Kennedy stated in July 1961; "we intend to have a wider choice than humiliation or all-out nuclear war"
- economic aid would be targeted at…