- Created by: Davwi
- Created on: 20-02-19 21:01
Forces and Elasticity
- When you apply a force to an object, you may cause it to stretch, compress or bend.
- To do this you need more than one force acting on the object, otherwise the object would just move in the direction of the applied force instead of changing shape.
- An onject has been elastically deformed if it can go back to its original shape and length after the force has been removed.
- Objects that can be elastically deformed are known as elastic objects.
- And object has been inelastically deformed if it cannot return to its original shape and size after the force is removed.
- Work is doen when a force stretches or compresses an object and causes energy to be transferred to the elastic potential energy stores of…