- there is a mix of lexis used depending on the review in question. In ASK's review the lexis is a mixture of poistive and encoraging and negative. "Ask's website promises exciting venues all over the country...has a rather neglected feel" Here is starts of positive then becomes negative, this happens again in this review.
- in all reviews lots of adjectives are used to give a detailed description to the reader so they can picture being there. "good acidic punch", this creates a image of something delicous. "slimy, tasteless mushrooms" creates a negative image.
- "some nice touches" suggests to the reader that it isn't that good if there are only 'some' good things.
- "prawns laughably small" the reader feel the resaurant should be embarrased selling these.
- "the highlight?" retorical question that involves the reader.
- "buonasera!ciao!Italiano!" italian lexis makes the restaurant feel authentic giving it a more…