- Created by: emmabesi
- Created on: 05-01-15 17:52
Composer- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Born 1756 in Salzburg, settled in Vienna
- Child prodigy- learned piano at 4 and toured Europe in concerts.
- Classical- 1750-1825 (composed in 1788)
- Symphony- large scale orchestral work. Has 4 movements.
- Emphasis on elegance, well balanced melodies, clear question and answer phrases, diatonicc harmonmies, homophonic melodies and textures, counterpoint, expansion of orchestra, contrasting moods.
Musical Elements, Instrumentation & Features
- Time Signature: 4/4
- Pitch & Melody: Regular, balanced 4 or 8 bar phrases, question and answer, scalic, conjunct & disjunct movement, octave doubling.
- Tempo: Molto allegro.
- Dynamics: Starts off p (unusual for symphonies), lost of contrast including cresc. and sf (no dim. used)
- Rhythm: Simple rhythms, dotted rhythms, occastional syncopation, upbeat start to first subject.
- Texture: Mainly homophonic, dialogue, becomes contrapuntal in development, where counterpoint…