- Created by: maddiesmith41
- Created on: 13-05-20 18:56
- sperm - flagellum (movement), acrosome (digestive enzymes), many mitochondrion, streamlined shape (fast movement), little cytoplasm, haploid nucleus, small.
- egg - cortical granules (thickens ovum lining), large (many divisions), surrounding follicle cells, nutrient rich, haploid nucleus, zona pellucida (protection).
- sperm reaches the ovum.
- chemicals are released from surrounding cells - tirggers the acrosome reaction.
- acrosome swells - fuses with…