- There was less food produced due to alot of farming peasants fighting in the war - lack of labour.
- As more and more horses were needed in WW1, it made it harder for peasants to cultivate land.
- Shortages of coal (fuel) and steel etc.
- Losing the 'Great War'.
- Alexandra in charge.
- Low wages.
- Poor working conditions.
- Bad winter.
- Poor transport.
- Corrupt Government.
- Not a democracy.
- Tsar blamed for loses in the war.
- 23rd Februrary, women from factories strike as bread was being rationed.
- Men joined the women and began to march to the city with weapons.
- Soldiers shot demonstrators but this did not scare them. They began more demonstrations.
- Cosacks did…
Similar History resources: